Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
Duration 1 day
Why you should attend this workshop?
This course is for you if you’re considering, or already have, supervisory responsibilities.
It is endorsed by Build UK as the standard training for all supervisors working on Build UK sites and provides an understanding of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues. It highlights legal responsibilities and the need to promote health and safety to supervise effectively.
You will learn about
At the end of the course you will have an understanding of:
• health and safety law and how it applies to supervisors
• your supervisory responsibilities in controlling site safely
• risk assessments and the need for method statements
• effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
• monitoring site activities effectively
• timely intervention when bad practice is identified
This course is suitable for those aiming to launch a career in the construction or civil engineering industry and are fairly new to the sector.
Certification for this course is valid for 5 years. To remain certified in this area, you will need to take a refresher course before the expiry date on your certificate, otherwise the full course will need to be retaken.