NEC4 ECS Subcontractor Notification Template
Use this free downloadable template to help you create a Subcontractor Notification under the NEC4 Engineering and Construction Subcontract (ECS).
The ECS places great emphasis on effective communication between the parties and one of the ways it accomplishes this is by requiring one party to notify the other of certain events and circumstances.
You can use this NEC4 ECS template for a Subcontractor’s Notification of the following:
- Notify under clause 13.2 of an address for receiving communications
- Notify under clause 17.1 of an ambiguity or inconsistency
- Notify under clause 17.2 of an illegal or impossible requirement
- Notify under clause 20.3 of advice on the practical implications of the design and subcontracting arrangements (main Options C, D and E)
- Notify under clause 28.1 of an intention to transfer the benefit of the subcontract or any rights under it
- Notify under clause 73.1 that an object of historical or other interest has been found
- Notify under clause 86.1 of an instruction to submit insurance certificates (period for reply is period for reply) (use Contractor Submission workflow)
- Notify under clause 90.1 of wish to terminate
- Notify under clause W1.1(1) of a replacement Senior Representative
- Notify under clause X2.1 of a change in the law (period for reply is 2 weeks)
- Notify under clause X10.4(2) of a failure of the Contractor to reply to the submission of a revised Information Execution Plan (period for reply is 1 week)
- Notify under clause X14.2 of a delay in making advanced payment (period for reply is 2 weeks)
- Notify under clause X15.2 of correcting a Defect for which the Subcontractor is not liable (period for reply is 2 weeks)
- Notify under clause Y1.2 of the information of the details of the Project Bank Account- inform??
- Notify under clause Y1.5 that the amount due to a Named Supplier is different to a payment certificate
- Notify under clause Y2.3 of an intention to pay less than the notified sum
- Notify under clause Y2.5 of an intention to suspend performance
- Notify under Y2.5 clause of a suspension of performance (period for reply is 2 weeks)
For simplicity, you can use this template for ‘advice’ under clause 20.3 and ‘instruction’ under clause 86.1.