NEC3 PSC Fundamentals Trial
Not sure about subscribing to our NEC3 PSC Academy just yet? This learning path contains a selection of four courses from the NEC3 PSC Academy which have been built in collaboration with leading industry experts Chris Corr, Glenn Hide and Jon Broome, who have directly involved in the drafting of the NEC contracts.
Our PSC Academy is a suite of online courses introduces you to the Professional Services Contract (or PSC for short). This is the main contract that will be used to administer consultancy services between an Employer and a Consultant. After completing this learning path you will have a much clearer understanding of the roles and responsibilities under the contract, how to draft a good scope, a good understanding of the intent of the specific contractual clauses and in practical terms begin to see how they should administer them for the benefit of all parties on a particular project.
You will learn about:
- the philosophy and commonality amongst all the contracts within the suite of NEC3 contracts
- the use and appropriate contract strategy to adopt when choosing both primary (A, C, E & G) options and secondary (X1-X20) options
- appreciating the use of Contract Data and Scope
- consider factors involved when preparing tender documents and assessing tender submissions
- consider common amendments that are often made in the form of "Z clauses" and their potential to alter the dynamics or risk profile of an un-amended contract
- roles and responsibilities of the key Parties
- the important PSC clauses and processes, in particular early warning, the programme, Risk Register, communications and compensation events
- Understand how to apply PSC in practice and achieve satisfactory solutions to problems