JCT Design and Build Contract 2016
Duration 1 day
Why should I attend this workshop?
Since 1931 the Joint Contracts Tribunal (JCT) has produced standard forms of construction contract and is today one of the most common forms of contract in use.
One of the most commonly used forms of contract on projects where the contractor carries out both the design and construction work, the JCT 2016 Design and Build contract, like other forms of contract, requires careful management of time, cost and quality in order to delivery project successfully. This course provides an in-depth view of the specific nuances of the contract.
Group case study exercises will also be provided to help you apply and test your skills and knowledge on real world examples.
You will Learn
After attending this course participants should be able to;
• Identify the relevant clauses in the JCT Design and Build contract
• Discuss and analyse JCT 2016 key changes in the contract
• Explain JCT procurement and contract and contractor selection and tendering
• Standard forms of main contract and design liability
• Outline the how sub-contractors and specialists are manged under the contract
• Explain how to set up the contract
• Describe the Insurances, bonds and collateral warranties provisions of the contract
• Follow the provisions for the Payment, Control of the works, Time and Termination and insolvency of the contract
• Provide an introduction to dispute resolution
This workshop is recommended for everyone currently or about to be working across projects including: employers, contractors and sub-contractors.
This workshop is suitable for all those who may need support as they may have experience of delays, damage and compensation events.