CDM for Principal Contractors and contractors
Duration 1 day
Why you should attend this workshop?
You will learn about your contractor responsibilities under the Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations 2015. The Construction Design & Management Regulations (CDM) are the main set of regulations for managing the health, safety and welfare of construction projects. CDM applies to all building and construction work and includes new build, demolition, refurbishment, extensions, conversions, repair and maintenance.
The course covers:
• CDM 2015 overview and application
• Duty holder responsibilities
• Contractor assessment
• Planning, managing and monitoring construction work
• Application of CDM Part 4 ‘General requirements for all construction sites’
• Construction phase plan content and requirements
• Contractor and worker engagement
• Health and safety file content and requirements
This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies and classroom discussion.
You will learn about
On completing the course you will have an understanding of:
• The legal position of the contractor and principal contractors
• The roles of the client, principal designer and designers
• The requirements for assessment of knowledge, skills, experience and resources
• The requirement for project documentation
This course is for all contractors, including subcontractors, main contractors and people taking the role of principal contractor.