Duration 2 days
Why you should attend this workshop?
Gaining a detailed understanding of the key drivers, requirements and strategic alignment needed to deliver Building Information Modelling (BIM) and how it allows you to achieve a faster, more efficient delivery of projects, is now essential for all construction professionals.
From April 2016, the UK government will mandate BIM Level 2 for all centrally procured government contracts. For the construction industry, this presents an exciting opportunity to embrace change, increase productivity and secure new contracts.
The process of BIM allows those who interact with it to optimise their actions, resulting in a greater whole life value for their asset. This course provides the knowledge you need to understand the fundamental principles of BIM, in particular Level 2 and its associated outcomes. You’ll focus on the context, key drivers and benefits that relate to the governments objectives of achieving Level 2 BIM by 2016.
Grasp the key management principles, themes and terminology of BIM and how to apply these within your organisation, as well the drivers for success and return on investment (ROI). You’ll gain the relevant understanding and foundation to utilise BIM on your next project.
You will Learn About
- Basic principles and benefits of BIM
- Government aim to achieve Level 2 BIM by 2016
- Relevant British Standards and supporting documentation that align to delivering projects to achieve Level 2 BIM
- Value of information and how it should be managed, delivered and used through the capital, delivery and occupation phases of a project
- BIM as a determining factor on delivering projects on time, without waste and inefficiencies.
Anyone involved in the design, construction and project management (including specialist subcontractors and clients) of BIM activities.