We’re thrilled to announce that we have just released our NEC4 TSC programme on our new Learning Management System.
This online training programme introduces you to the common philosophies of the NEC family of contracts and focuses in more detail upon the key mechanics and provisions of the NEC4 Term Service Contract (TSC). This form of contract is used by a Client to procure a Contractor to provide a service over a period of time, it is often used for facilities management and maintenance contracts. You will gain an understanding of the key aspects of the TSC from the point of view of the Client, Contractor and Service Manager.
It will emphasize the importance of managing the contract on a daily basis and resolving time, cost and quality matters throughout rather than “leaving it in the bottom drawer”, as being contractual should be viewed very much as being proactive rather than being considered negative.
The programme covers all of the key concepts that are unique to NEC contracts over more traditional forms as well as the important clauses that will need to be managed by the various parties.
After completing these courses, you will have a much clearer understanding of the intent of the specific contractual clauses and in practical terms begin to see how they should be administered for the benefit of all parties.
You will learn about:
- The philosophy and commonality amongst all the contracts within the suite of NEC4 contracts.
- The use and appropriate contract strategy to adopt when choosing both primary Options (A, C, E) and secondary Options.
- Appreciating the use of Contract Data and Scope.
- Consider the factors involved when preparing tender documents and assessing tender submissions.
- Consider common amendments that are often made in the form of “Z clauses” and their potential to alter the dynamics or risk profile of an un-amended contract.
- Roles and responsibilities of the Parties.
- The important TSC clauses and processes, in particular early warning, the plan, Early Warning Register (previously Risk Register), communications and compensation events.
- Understand how to apply TSC in practice and achieve satisfactory solutions to problems.
Who is it recommended for?
The NEC4 TSC training programme is recommended for anyone already working or planning to work under a NEC4 TSC including service managers, contract managers, quantity surveyors, clients, consultants, contractors and their supply chains. This programme is suitable for those new to NEC as well as those with experience looking to enhance their existing level of knowledge and understanding.
This 8-hour programme qualifies as formal CPD with the RIBA, RICS, CIOB and ICE. This course is also independently accredited by the CPD Certification Service.
To find out more about this product or 600 of our other online courses, please contact us:-
+44 117 214 0890