NEC3 Term Service Contract (TSC) Fundamentals
Access hundreds of courses and learning paths like this one for a simple monthly subscription. No obligation, cancel your subscription at any time. Find out more.
The NEC3 Term Service Contract was first published in 2005 and since then it has brought the benefits of the NEC approach to facilities management and maintenance contracts which have historically suffered from most of the same flaws as traditional construction contracts.
Need to put together your first NEC3 TSC contract or draft a compensation event notice under NEC3 Term Service Contract? Our NEC3 TSC learning path is a suite of online courses designed to explain the key aspects of the NEC3 suite of contracts, such as roles and responsibilities; how the key processes work e.g. communications, early warning, the plan, defects, payment, compensation events, task orders and dispute resolution; and how to effectively set up and implement the contracts (LP100023).
The NEC3 TSC Academy covers:
- Overview of the suite of NEC3 contracts and their use
- Contract strategy for both main options (A-C) and secondary options (X1-X20)
- Preparing tender documents and assessing tender submissions
- Use of Contract Data and Service Information
- Roles and responsibilities of the key parties • Key TSC clauses and processes including early warning, the plan, defects, payment, communications, compensation events, dispute resolution and termination
- How to apply the TSC in practice and achieve better outcomes for contracts