Contract Management Software Buyer’s Checklist
Contractors, consultants and client bodies alike in both the public and private sectors are facing increasing pressure to deliver cost savings and improve project delivery and operational margins.
If you’re in the market for a new Contract Management software like CEMAR or Sypro, using excel spreadsheets or document management or construction management tool like Asite, Aconex, GridPlan or Procore to manage construction contracts like NEC3, NEC4, JCT or FIDIC, we’ve put together a checklist to help you make an informed decision before you buy a SaaS contract management platform so that you’ll get a better return on your software investment. Check off these ten activities on our list and the software you choose will be sure to have a positive impact on your bottom line.
So what are the key benefits of using NEC and JCT contract management software?
- Greater efficiency can be achieved through a semi-automated system for both reporting and completing contract management forms,
- these systems can reinforce better project management, with contractual timetables and processes from NEC, JCT and FIDIC workflows which help you manage change and flag up tasks to warn users in line with contract timetables,
- Better transparency: by using a system where your suppliers directly input issues into the system, means problems will be flagged up quicker to your managers. This will save time where staff are ill, out of the office, change jobs, go on holiday, have mislaid a document or are reluctant to highlight a problem,
- Aligning your team with common industry practice,
- Better management Information: consolidated, rapid and consistent claims reporting, across your portfolio of projects, automatically reducing the burden your project teams and providing a single organisational approach, and
- Business Intelligence/Big Data: capture the causes of claims and allows performance across the system to be benchmarked against external KPIs.
It is now widely recognised that using excel spreadsheet to management contract is a thing of the past and that automating and improved compliance with contractual processes and analytical is needed to drive better project delivery.
Use our checklist to make an informed decision before you buy so that you’ll get a better ROI. Check off these ten activities on our list and the software you choose will be sure to have a positive impact on your bottom line.