This series of fast-paced and practical webinars introduce you to key mechanics and provisions of the NEC3 Engineering and Construction Subcontract (ECS). With most construction projects having upwards of twenty different subbies, it not surprising that this is probably the most commonly used NEC3 contract. Despite this being the case, it surprising how often we receive an enquiry from Subcontractors and Contractors in a pickle. It is used to manage works between the Contractor and Subcontractor and allows a Contractor to pass down the similar contractual terms that they will have between themselves and an Employer under the NEC3 Engineering and Construction Contract (ECC).
In this series of online webinars, you will gain a practical understanding of the key aspects of ECS from both Parties perspectives. We will explore the importance of administering this form of contract during the life of a project rather than “leaving it in a drawer”, as in our view being contractual should be viewed very much as being proactive rather than being considered negatively. These sessions will review the contract strategy options between the primary ECS options A-E as well as the choice of secondary options that are available, all of which alter the risk profile and the payment mechanisms on a given project.
Attendees of these webinars will have a much clearer understanding of the intent of the specific contractual clauses and in practical terms begin to see how they should administer them for the benefit of all parties on a particular project.
You will learn about:
- the philosophy and commonality amongst all the contracts within the suite of NEC3 contracts
- the use and appropriate contract strategy to adopt when choosing both primary (A-E) options and secondary (X1-X20) options
- appreciating the use of Subcontract Data, Works Information and Site Information
- consider factors involved when preparing tender documents and assessing tender submissions
- consider common amendments that are often made in the form of “Z clauses” and their potential to alter the dynamics or risk profile of an un-amended contract
- roles and responsibilities of key parties
- the important ECS clauses and processes, in particular, early warning, the programme, Risk Register, communications and compensation events
- Understand how to apply ECS in practice and achieve satisfactory solutions to problems
Who are these webinars recommended for?
This webinar programme is recommended for everyone currently or about to be working under an ECS contract including project managers and contract managers, quantity surveyors for both Main Contactor and Subcontractors and clients, consultants and planners wanting to get a better grip of this subcontract. These sessions will be suitable for those who are relatively new to these forms of subcontract as well as those who are already more experienced in the subcontract and looking to enhance their level of knowledge and understanding.
For more information on this webinar series, please visit our website: https://www.builtintelligence.com/collections/webinars-events-and-webclasses/nec-contract