Contractual Problems Solved Training Programme
Duration 5 days (or discrete 1-day workshops)
This training programme examines 200 contractual problems which regularly arise on building and engineering projects, and provides a detailed explanation of their solutions, citing standard contract conditions and key parts of legal judgements as authority. This training programme can be delivered as a series of discrete workshop or run as a 5-day programme that deals with a broad range of construction contracts including JCT Standard Form and Design and Build, New Engineering Contract NEC3, ICE and GC/Works/1.
The programme can be run as a 5-day programme or a discrete 1 day workshops and covers problems together with their solutions in respect of:
• Procurement matters, Tenders and bidding
• Design issues, Letters of intent
• Contractor's programme and Contractor's float
• Delays, Concurrent Delays, Extensions of time, Liquidated/delay damages and Unliquidated damages
• Variations, Loss and expense/additional cost claims, Acceleration and Global claims
• Damage to the works
• Exclusion clauses and Retention of title
• Practical completion and Defect correction
This training programme is recommended for everyone currently or about to be working in a commercial management role including: project managers, contract managers, quantity surveyors, clients, consultants, planners, contractors and their supply chain. This training programme is suitable for those new to commercial management or looking to complete the RICS APC as well as those looking to enhance existing level of knowledge and understanding.