CDM Academy - a suite of online classes for CDM 2015 dutyholders
With the recent changes in the in the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015 everyone involved in Constructions needs to be aware of the changes and how it impacts on their role. The Construction Design & Management Regulations (CDM) are the main set of regulations for managing the health, safety and welfare of construction projects. CDM applies to all building and construction work and includes new build, demolition, refurbishment, extensions, conversions, repair and maintenance.
Our Academy provides a modular library of short courses which provide a comprehensive guide to the legal duties under current legislation for organisations and individuals involved in all types of construction work. The modular nature of our Academy means individuals can following discrete elearning path based on their roles.
Attendees of this course will be able to, understand the legal requirements of CDM 2015, identify the roles or the client, principal contractor, principal designer, contractors and designers, appreciate the importance of the requirements for assessment of knowledge, skills, experience and resources and identify requirement for project documentation.
You will learn about:
- CDM 2015 overview and application
- Duty holder responsibilities
- Preparation of the client brief
- Duty holder appointments
- Preparing pre-construction information
- Requirements for notification of projects
- Assisting with the preparation of pre-construction information
- Planning, managing and monitoring work during the pre-construction phase
- The elimination, reduction, and control of risks through design
- Contractor assessment
- Planning, managing and monitoring construction work
- Application of CDM Part 4 ‘General requirements for all construction sites’
- Construction phase plan content and requirements
- Contractor and worker engagement
- Construction phase plan requirements
- Health and safety file requirements
This Academy has been developed for all those responsible for health and safety on construction project, including Clients, Contractors, client advisers, Engineers, Architects, Surveyors and other construction industry professionals. This Academy is suitable for those who are relatively new to this subject as well as those looking to enhance their level of knowledge and understanding.