Overview of Payment Provisions under JCT D&B16 - Listed items, deductions and Payment
Access hundreds of courses and learning paths like this one for a simple monthly subscription. No obligation, cancel your subscription anytime. Find out more.
The aim of this course is to explain the payment provisions under the JCT Design and Build Contract, in relation to both listed items and deductions including the employer’s obligation to play, plus the processes for final payment and conclusiveness.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the basics of the process for making payment provisions for listed items, costs and expenses for suspension-related costs and other miscellaneous items under DB16.
- Describe the process for adjustments from the gross valuation, including notably withholding percentage and advanced payments and bond.
- Identify the process for making deductions on payment provisions for DB16.
- Explain what meant by the conclusive effect of the final settlement.
- Describe interim payments after practical completion and final payment.
- Understand the employer’s obligation to make payment.