NEC4 ® Academy - a suite of online classes
Since the first NEC contract was published in 1993, it was a radical departure from existing construction and engineering contracts, being written in plain language and designed to promote good management. With NEC4 its "evolution rather than revolution".
Our NEC4 Academy is a suite of 24+ online eLearning courses designed to explain the key aspects of the NEC4 suite of contracts, how ECC contracts are set up and implemented, looks at the key roles and responsibilities within the contract and set out how ECC clauses and processes work such as communications, early warning, the programme, defects, payment compensation events and dispute resolution.
The NEC4 Academy covers:
- NEC3 and NEC4 Compared and contrasted
- Overview of the suite of NEC4 contracts and their use (including the new AC and DBO contracts)
- Contract strategy for both main options (A-F) and secondary options (X1-X20)
- Preparing tender documents and assessing tender submissions
- Use of Contract Data, Works Information and Site Information
- Common amendments that are often made in the form of “Z clauses” and their potential to alter the dynamics or risk profile of an un-amended contract
- Roles and responsibilities of the key Parties
- Key ECC clauses and processes including early warning, the programme, defects, payment, communications, compensation events, dispute avoidance and termination
- Understand how to apply ECC in practice and achieve satisfactory solutions to problems
- Personal - our modular approach supports tailored learning paths and self-directed learning. Each course can be used as a stand-alone course or you can build your own tailored learning path specific to you or your team or job role needs.
- Hybrid Classes that work - Less lecturing and more learning through real-world scenarios based learning, written in plain English with practical tips and common pitfalls from real practitioners. Use our contract management forms to continue your learning in the workplace, or our ReachBack helpdesk app for mentoring from our industry experts so you get it right first time.
- Practice makes perfect - Practice what you learn through flashcards, quizzes and interactive challenges so that you retain more information.
- Keep up to date - Learn using our suite of NEC4 online classes created by industry experts. Our library is continually updated so you never fall behind, and can meet your professional CPD requirements.
Recommended for: This Academy is recommended for anyone already working or planning to work under a NEC4 contract including project managers, contract managers, quantity surveyors, clients, consultants, planners, contractors and their supply chain.