NEC3 ECS Subcontractor Notification Template
Use this free downloadable template to help you create a Subcontractor Notification under the NEC3 Engineering and Construction Subcontract (ECS).
The ECS places great emphasis on effective communication between the parties and one of the ways it accomplishes this is by requiring one party to notify the other of certain events and circumstances.
You can use this NEC3 ECS template for a Subcontractor’s Notification of the following:
- Notify under clause 13.2 of an address for receiving communications
- Notify under clause 17.1 of an ambiguity or inconsistency
- Notify under clause 18.1 of an illegal or impossible requirement
- Notify under clause 20.3 of advice on the practical implications of the design and subsubcontracting arrangements (main Options C, D and E)
- Notify under clause 73.1 that an object of historical or other interest has been found
- Notify under clause 87.1 of an instruction to submit insurance certificates (period for reply is period for reply) (use Contractor Submission workflow)
- Notify under clause 90.1 of wish to terminate
- Notify under clause Y1.5 of the Authorisation setting out sums due to the Subcontract Named Suppliers
For simplicity, you can use this template for ‘advice’ under clause 20.3 and ‘instruction’ under clause 87.1.