EU Procurement Fundamentals
Need to understand all aspects of EU procurement essential for your job? The penalties for breaching the rules and getting a procurement process wrong are even more onerous following the implementation of the Remedies Directive into the UK regulations. This learning path of nineteen courses provides a detailed walkthrough of the Public Contracts Regulations and Remedies Directive with comprehensive and up to date guidance on the key regulations that govern public procurement in the UK. This learning path has been built in collaboration with Crown Commercial Services and industry-leading practitioners from Mills and Reeves legal practice and other leading consultancy practices, who have been published widely and been directly involved in the drafting of the new UK regulations (LP100013).
The topics covered by this learning path include:
- What public procurement is and when it applies
- What type of services it concerns and what the expenditure thresholds are
- What types of procurement procedures are available and how they can be followed and
- What the risks of not following the regulations are.
- How to manage your procurement process to minimise risk
- Understanding the current legal framework for procurement challenges
- Recognising the distinction between pre and post-contractual remedies
- Understanding other potential sources and types of challenges