Commercial Awareness for Construction Professionals
Duration 1 day
Running a project in construction draws on significant skills shown across a range of competencies. In particular, being able to show excellent communication and project management in order to drive towards a completion that can save time and money.
Offered as a one day course, this delivery will enable delegates to explore the required skills and techniques needed to work on a range of JCT, NEC3 and FIDIC contracts.
Offering a broad curriculum, the course allows attendees to generate a range of
Commercial Awareness competencies including;
• Getting into Contract including
o common forms,
o letters of intent,
o notices negotiation
• Sub Contract
• Managing the Contract
• Contract Mechanisms
• Dealing with Site Problems – Monetary Claims
• Dealing with Problems – Extension of Time, Liquidated / Unliquidated Damages
After attending this course participants should be able to;
• outline a range of contractual components, and in particular the process of procurement, subcontracts and negotiations
• discuss in detail the different approaches to delays, claims and liquidated damages
• rationalise the positive impact of including design into projects and contracts
This workshop is recommended for everyone currently or about to be working across projects including: Architects, engineers, quantity surveyors, managers and anyone else involved in setting up or administering construction contracts. This workshop is suitable for those new to Commercial Awareness as well as those looking to enhance their existing level of knowledge and understanding on the principles and practices of commercial awareness.