CDM for Principal Designers and Designers
Duration 1 day
Why you should attend this workshop?
This course can be booked by employers and take place at or near their place of work.
The Construction Design & Management Regulations (CDM) are the main set of regulations for managing the health, safety and welfare of construction projects. CDM applies to all building and construction work and includes new build, demolition, refurbishment, extensions, conversions, repair and maintenance.
The course covers:
• CDM 2015 overview and application
• Duty holder responsibilities
• Assisting with preparation of the client brief
• Assisting with the preparation of pre-construction information
• Planning, managing and monitoring work during the pre-construction phase
• The elimination, reduction, and control of risks through design
• Health and safety file content and requirements
• This course is suitable for designers and businesses appointed principal designers.
This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies and classroom discussion.
You will learn about
On completing the course you will have an understanding of:
• The legal position of the contractor and principal contractors
• The roles of the client, principal designer and designers
• The requirements for assessment of knowledge, skills, experience and resources
• The requirement for project documentation
You will learn about your contractor responsibilities under the Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations 2015.