BIM (Building Information Modelling) for Construction Professionals
Access hundreds of courses and learning paths like this one for a simple monthly subscription. No obligation, cancel your subscription at any time. Find out more.
Need to get up to Speed with BIM and don't want to do Building Information Modelling (BIM) is often viewed by many as a term for using 3D models for clash detection or something mandated by the Government Level 2 mandate and now increasingly by Clients.
Our BIM Academy is a suite of 14+ online eLearning courses, interactive material and tools seeking to provide the user with an exciting and radical departure from current learning material available on the market. It is designed to deliver a flexible, plain language approach to understanding terminology, process, roles and accountabilities and most importantly the functional applications, opportunities and benefits to all project team members of an effective BIM strategy (LP11215).
The BIM Academy eLearning covers:
- Why change is needed in the construction industry
- What we mean by BIM and some of the key terms and acronyms
- An introduction to the BIM levels 0 to 3
- Practical BIM applications and deliverables for project roles
- The processes that drive a BIM project
- Level of Detail and Level of Information (LOD & LOI)
- An introduction to the BIM roles and responsibilities
- BIM Level 2 requirements
- How BIM can be used for quantification
- A breakdown of some of the 1192 suite, including: Document naming, Common data environment, Digital handover, Security and Health and safety