CDM for Clients
Duration 1 day
Why you should attend this workshop?
You will learn about your contractor responsibilities under the Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations 2015. The Construction Design & Management Regulations (CDM) are the main set of regulations for managing the health, safety and welfare of construction projects. CDM applies to all building and construction work and includes new build, demolition, refurbishment, extensions, conversions, repair and maintenance.
The course covers:
• CDM 2015 overview and application
• Duty holder responsibilities
• Preparation of the client brief
• Duty holder appointments
• Preparing pre-construction information
• Requirements for notification of projects
• Construction phase plan requirements
• Health and safety file requirements
This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies and classroom discussion.
You will learn about
On completing the course you will have an understanding of:
• The legal position of the Client
• The roles of the Principal Contractor, Principal Designer, Contractors and Designers
• The requirements for assessment of knowledge, skills, experience and resources
• The requirement for provision of project information and documentation
This course is suitable for all types of clients including commercial clients, who have a requirement for a construction project to be carried out in connection with a business, whether the business operates for profit or not.