NEC3 ECC Contractors Notification Template
Use this free downloadable template to help you create a Contractor Notification under the NEC3 Engineering and Construction Contract (ECC).
The ECC places great emphasis on effective communication between the parties and one of the ways it accomplishes this is by requiring one party to notify the other of certain events and circumstances.
You can use this NEC3 ECC template for a Contractor’s Notification of the following:
- Notify under clause 13.2 of an address to receive communications
- Notify under clause 17.1 of an ambiguity or inconsistency (period for reply is period for reply)
- Notify under clause 18.1 of an illegal or impossible requirement (period for reply is period for reply)
- Notify under clause 20.3 of advice on the practical implications of the design and subcontracting arrangements (main Options C, D, E and F)
- Notify under clause 73.1 that an object of historical or other interest has been found (period for reply is period for reply)
- Notify under clause 87.1 of an instruction to submit insurance certificates (period for reply is period for reply)
- Notify under clause 90.1 of a wish to terminate
- Notify under clause Y1.5 of the details of the Project Bank Account
For simplicity, you can use this template for ‘advice’ under clause 20.3 and ‘instruction’ under clause 87.1.