Run as 6 sessions over a whole day this series is hosted by Barry Trebes
What’s this training programme about?
This series of fast paced and practical webinars introduces you to key mechanics and provisions of the NEC4 Engineering and Construction Contract (ECC). It is used for the management of works between the Client and an organisation providing engineering and construction work including any level of design responsibility.
In this series of online courses, you will gain a practical understanding of the key aspects of the ECC from both Parties perspectives. We will explore the importance of administering this form of contract during the life of a project rather than “leaving it in a drawer”, as in our view being contractual should be viewed very much as being proactive rather than being considered negatively. These sessions will review the ECC as well as the choice of secondary options that are available, all of which alter the risk profile and the payment mechanisms on a given project.
Attendees of this training programme will have a much clearer understanding of the intent of the specific contractual clauses and in practical terms begin to see how they should administer them for the benefit of all parties on a particular project.
You will learn about:
- the philosophy and commonality amongst all the contracts within the suite of NEC4 contracts
- the use and appropriate contract strategy to adopt when choosing both the main and secondary option (X1-X22) options
- appreciating the use of Contract Data, and the ECC Scope and
- consider factors involved when preparing tender documents and assessing tender submissions
- consider common amendments that are often made in the form of “Z clauses” and their potential to alter the dynamics or risk profile of an un-amended contract
- roles and responsibilities of key parties
- the important ECC clauses and processes, in particular early warning, the programme, Early Warning Register, communications and compensation events
- Understand how to apply ECC in practice and achieve satisfactory solutions to problems
This webinar programme is recommended for everyone currently or about to be working under an ECC contract including Client ’s, Contractors, Project Manager’s, , Main Contractors and Subcontractors who are providing works for a project or for any other reason who want to get a better grip of this contract. These sessions will be suitable for those who are relatively new to these forms of contract as well as those who are already more experienced in the contract and looking to enhance their level of knowledge and understanding.
This 6-part course is a mix of free content and premium learning and to access the entire days training, a subscription will be needed prior to the event.
Part 1 begins on 19th January at 9 AM. Register for Free here
With subscriptions from just £25 per month this is a great way of accessing a library of subjects and training material together with whitepapers, templates and technical helpdesk support Find out more